Saturday, February 4, 2012

life lately

As a warning, this post will be long (I have too much to catch up on!) and pictureless, since I'm on my phone.

I am about to finish my second week at my new job! I really love it so far but I'm nervous that tomorrow is my last shift with a preceptor and then I'll be on my own (and the only tech on the unit!).
I am so happy that I found a position in the ICU, I think I would be terribly bored anywhere except a critical care setting. (And I also get to do more than most techs!)
It has been really, really hard working and going to school, especially the classes I am in right now being so fast and intensive. Luckily, this week I went to what will be my normal, three night per week schedule and it's been much more manageable than trying to work days and go to school most days also!

School has been absolutely crazy but I am almost finished with my mental health course! We cover a whole semester's worth of material in four and a half weeks and it's just been insane trying to keep up and train at work, but the end is in sight!
After mental health we start medical/surgical for 11 weeks and then it will be summer! I don't get a break until July 20th because we have school during the summer as well, but that just means I'm that much closer to graduation!

I have been trying to keep up with taking a picture each day for project366 but some days my life is rather boring haha. If I had a baby it would be much easier! Instead I just end up with a lot of pictures of food. I'll post and get caught up on those soon!

I started really trying to watch my calories and get to the gym this week and I'm happy to have already lost an inch off my waist! (I don't have a scale so this is my only method of measuring.) I really hope to stick with it and finally be able to get to my goal weight in the next couple months! I think I am about 15-20 pounds away (having already lost 45 last winter and then gaining back about 10).

I'm almost failing at my attempt to blog more but I'm going to keep trying as my life slows down a little in the next couple weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment