Sunday, July 22, 2012

So since my last post... M and I got engaged!! I can still hardly believe it!

His birthday was the 19th and he said he wanted to go to the aquarium to look at penguins (which are our favorite things in the whole world). While hanging out with the sweet little penguins he kneeled down beside me and asked me to marry him! It was perfect and sweet and romantic and he thought of it all by himself. Afterwards I had a permanent smile on my face, which still hasn't gone away three days later! Definitely the happiest girl in the world right now :)
I had an idea in my head it might happen that day but I was telling myself to stop thinking that so I wouldn't be disappointed haha. Unfortunately no pictures to share yet because they are all on someone else's camera.

M had Friday and Saturday off as well and I loved spending every minute with him for three whole days! Today he is back at work, sadly.

So now wedding planning has kicked into high gear and honestly it has been nothing but stressful to think about! I would really love for us to get married next summer but considering we'll both only have been working a few months at that point, and a lot of deposits will need to be made soon, it really depends on how much our families want to contribute. Even though it is really far away, I am really close to just saying let's do it spring of 2014 so I can stop stressing!
I'm sure it'll all work itself out regardless of when we choose, but it seems like the second we got engaged the clock started ticking to have a wedding planned and payed for by next summer, and suddenly a year seems like such a short amount of time!

Despite how stressful it has been thinking about it only being possibly a year away, I am really excited to plan the wedding, and thankful for pinterest to help! Can't wait to share more posts on wedding planning ideas and progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment