Saturday, April 23, 2011

Ahh I haven't posted in way too long! I have lots of free time at work while C is napping but I've been managing to find lots of other things to do apparently (such as play games on my iPhone and online window shop haha). So here are some recaps of the last week and other random things... (I have come to realize that I ramble on about things that may not be that interesting sometimes haha, but I know I will like to look back and see what I was doing, so I apologize ahead of time if my recaps are long and boring!)

Back to last Friday when I last updated, M and I before dinner (partially to celebrate my acceptance into the nursing program, but also because we had already planned on a date night :) ).

Photobucket

Saturday night I was supposed to babysit and I was dreading it all day and wishing that we could go out and celebrate with friends instead and was so happy when I got a text saying they didn't need a babysitter anymore! So we got drinks with friends at Dave & Buster's instead!

Photobucket
M and I

Photobucket
Me, Cristin, and Chelsea
(both of these pictures were taken on my iPhone and looked terrible so this was my beginner attempt at improving them, keep reading for before and afters.)

Sunday morning I did tons of school work, then went to church with M's mom at 4:30, then came home to take a test! It was Palm Sunday and since we went to the afternoon mass, which is the youth mass, the high schoolers put on a play of the Passion. It was pretty cool to watch and I have a lot of respect for the young man brave enough to play Jesus. I can't imagine getting up in front of so many of my peers and even speaking, let alone playing such an important and difficult role.

Onto some randoms...

We got our tickets for Orlando in June! I am so excited and relieved the plane tickets are purchased, even though that only leaves so much more to plan and do! I ended up not even paying 1/4th as much as I thought thanks to the graciousness of M's dad. He flies for work often and accumulates lots of points on different airlines so he was able to get M's ticket for free and then also paid for half of mine! I am so thankful for M's parents they do so much for me all the time :). Now we need to book a hotel and also reserve a rental car, which stinks when you are only 22. I thought I was done with all the important/milestone birthdays but it turns out I still have 25 to look forward to when I will be able to rent a car and not pay more in fees than the rental itself! Honestly y'all, it's costing more than our hotel to rent a car (and the hotel is pretty nice haha). Unfortunately though it is definitely necessary because I'm going to try to spend time with all my different family that will be in the area so we need a way to get around! I also realized that we will be there on father's day and I'm so happy that I'll be able to spend it with my daddy :), which I don't get to do very often.
I realized I haven't talked about my family too much on here, maybe I will do a blog post about them next week :).

It's so nice having the whole summer to prepare for nursing school to start, but it is also such a long wait and is making me so anxious! I'm happy to have found a forum where I've spoken to quite a few of the other students accepted into the program for fall, as well as a couple of students already in the program who have helped us so much by letting us know what to expect. Our orientation won't be until a week or two before school starts but I want to get started collecting all the things I will need now so it's not such a huge expense at one time, so we are lucky to have them to let us know what all we will need. I purchased a pair of scrubs yesterday and I can't wait to wear them in 4 months! We will be wearing "hunter" color scrubs, which I'm excited about because I like the color a lot and it's much better than all white scrubs in the other program I planned to apply to! Here is a really lame picture of me in my new scrubs that I took in the dressing room to text to my best friend haha.
I still have lots of fun stuff I'm excited to buy and some other not so fun things to get taken care of before orientation. Maybe a pre nursing school to do list post coming soon :)

Here are the before and afters of those iPhone photos from Saturday. My photo editing is pretty beginner but right now I also only have iPhoto to use so there isn't a whole lot you can do with it. I prefer the photo editing apps on my phone actually, but I'll save those for another post too. (Perhaps I'll be inclined to post more if I have all these ideas haha). The color in both of these was terrible, so I tried to do what I could. I ended up liking the one of M and I better without the color than trying to make it look acceptable, but the other photo didn't look good in black and white and was very dark (that one was without flash, while the one of M and I had flash), so I tried to make it look funky (artistic?) while at the same time trying to lighten it enough so you could see us. When M hurries up and installs Photoshop on his PC hopefully I can start relearning how to use it and become a better photo editor :). I also need to invest in a new memory card for my point and shoot camera so I can carry it with me in my purse instead of having to take terrible pictures with my iPhone! I gave my card away when I bought a digital photo frame as a gift and lost the new one I had gotten to go with it, and I never remember I need to go buy another until I'm wishing I had it haha.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

Sidenote: M hates pictures and is terrible at smiling for pictures. The one from Friday night is a good example of this haha. In the picture from Saturday night, he was actually laughing so it came out more natural. He definitely isn't thrilled at my wanting to take more pictures lately haha.

Ps. I also edited the picture from Friday night in iPhoto, and I think it looks pretty natural ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment