Friday, April 15, 2011

random

Sorry I have been MIA lately! I’ve written like three drafts this week and not been able to finish any of them, then when I get time to finish them I decide they aren’t very interesting and never post them, haha.
I don’t think I posted a weight loss update last week but I was down to 149lbs, which was my goal for the week (haven’t weighed myself yet today..)! So total that means I’ve lost 46lbs! I have been so terrible about going to the gym lately. I decided to start trying to go to spin classes because I like going to the gym much better when I’m going to an exercise class, and they are offered all the time so there are actually some I can make it to (unlike most classes that are only during the hours I work). I didn’t realize so many people like spin class though and it’s so hard to get a spot in the class! After a week and a half of failed attempts and finally learning the necessary steps to secure a spot, I went to my first class last night.
Well first, I learn the bike seats are the most uncomfortable seats EVER When I got there everyone was on their bikes warming up waiting for the instructor to start class, so I tried pedaling for a few seconds and realized it was really not that easy. I decided to just stand and wait for class to start instead because sitting is so uncomfortable and I was afraid I was going to be too tired before class even started! The instructor comes in and gets us started with a “warm up” which I think can hardly be called that seeing as it was the hardest thing I have ever done. I have been working out quite a lot in the past six months, so I’d like to think I’m in okay shape by now, but this was just impossible. I stayed for six minutes before I was sure I was going to throw up so I grabbed my stuff and left. I had been so excited for getting into spin class, now I’m not sure I’ll ever want to try it again! Perhaps it was just the instructor? Maybe if I can work up the courage I’ll try it again, and warn them that it’s my first time beforehand!
According to the calendar, the Brookhaven nursing program has until next Thursday to send out acceptance/denial letters emails. I am getting so anxious! I thought for sure it would come this week because I really can’t imagine it takes that long to decide since it is all based on a point system, basically they just line up the applicants by number of points and pick the 50 (60?) highest. At least that’s how I’d imagine that it works. I’m beginning to feel nauseous every time I check my email (common theme of this post?). I wish it would just come already. Most of my family and friends don’t know that I will be getting an answer so soon, especially since the previous semesters when I have applied to UTA’s program they’ve sent out letters like the week before school starts. I’m hoping I have a good surprise to share with everyone next week. :)
UPDATE: about 60 seconds after I posted this I checked my email and I GOT IN!! Yayyyyyy! I'm not sure I've ever been this happy before! Twenty more months until I'm an RN!!!
M and I took our second annual bluebonnet picture last weekend! I think it turned out pretty good, but the sun wasn’t in a good spot so there is a shadow on my face (and this was the best one). I think I can probably fix it on photoshop, I just haven’t gotten around to it. I did however play with the colors in iPhoto and M thinks it looks terrible haha. I agree that our jeans are a little bright, but iPhoto isn’t the best photo editing program so that’s what I got from trying to make the shadow less noticeable and the flowers brighter. (I'd post the original but my card is at home, so I had to swipe this one off my facebook.)

Other highlights from last weekend include discovering the amazingness that is Stein Mart, finding an elusive Big Buddha purse from last spring (that I have spent countless hours scouring the internet for) at Stein Mart for half price, seeing Tron which M and I liked a lot, and spending all of Sunday in the ER with M thanks to an allergic reaction to some antibiotics which the triage nurse thought was meningitis.

I have been looking everywhere trying to find the perfect white vneck tshirt that isn’t see-through. Since every store has decided rolled cut off shorts are the only kind of jean shorts they are going to sell for yet another summer, most of the shorts I’ve gotten lately are khaki material (twill?) in multiple colors and match with very few shirts. Thus, I decided if I could only find a white vneck that you couldn’t see through, it could go well with almost all my new shorts. Alas, I finally found some! Gap has about 10 different types of white vnecks for sale, and (hooray!) ONE of them is thick enough to wear alone (which made the fitting room attendant pretty annoyed with me that I didn’t want the other nine..). This might not seem like such a big deal, but I was so happy. Even happier that at the store I went to they are only $8 (they are $15 online?). I also got some crew and scoop neck ones, they are all the Gap Favorite Tee. I probably will order a couple of $15 ones because online has more color options.











That’s all the randomness I have for today. I’m SO excited that it’s Friday, C is napping (and probably will be until it’s time for me to go home), and M and I have a date tonight. :) Have a good weekend!

ps. I apologize for the pictures in this post looking all crazy. I think the blog design that I'm using has a secret code in it somewhere that doesn't allow me to change anything (the headings for example are still the same font, despite hours of effort to change that), including the width of the page. Still working on designing my own layout, but it's harder than I remembered!

No comments:

Post a Comment