Wednesday, July 27, 2011

garage finds

So a little backstory is necessary...
My mom passed away suddenly and completely unexpectedly a little over a year and a half ago. Since I was so unprepared for something like this, I had no idea how much there would be to take care of after such a thing and how to do it all. I'm so blessed to have the most amazing brother-in-law who flew here from Florida for two weeks and helped me with all the things like funeral arrangements and packing up my mom's entire home. I didn't have time to go through everything, nor did I want to at the time, but since she was renting a house we had to get it all moved out as quickly as possible. She was blessed to have so many amazing friends, and people who barely knew her but had been touched by her life, who came and packed everything up for me, and moved it all across the metroplex in whatever trucks and trailers they could find. We stored all of her things in a garage at the apartment I lived in at the time, and it mostly sat untouched for a year until I moved and had movers bring it all to a new apartment garage (at M's apartment).
Finally, now that M and I are moving, I am starting to go through all of the boxes and sort through stuff. Sorry, this wasn't meant to be a sad post, I just wanted to share some of the things that I found! I'm happy that I will be able to incorporate my momma's things into M and I's new home :)

Lots of kitchen gadgets! I'm lucky to have a momma who loved all things for the kitchen (especially pampered chef!). This is just half a box worth.


Oil and vinegar containers that I turned into dish soap and hand soap dispensers! I saw a similar idea at a friend's house and thought it was so neat! Not only does it look way better than plastic bottles, you only get a small amount at a time so it wastes less.


I also found this hilarious note that I wrote to the tooth fairy when I was little. I think it's so sweet my momma kept it and it brightened my mood to find it while going through boxes :) My favorite part is "if you're not so busy..." haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment