Friday, February 18, 2011

fashion friday and a weight loss update

I've decided I want to learn to like wine. I think it's disgusting but supposedly it's an acquired taste, so I'm going to put some effort into acquiring it. (I just like the idea of having a glass of wine with a nice dinner, seems so grown up. And it's good for you!) So there's a cool place in Grapevine, TX I've never been to called Cork It! where you can try all kinds of different wines in tiny sample sizes for pretty cheap, even the really expensive ones. M and I's friends have told us about and once I got this idea to start trying to like wine, I looked it up. It didn't get great reviews but I still may want to try it. Another, more expensive, option is going on a winery tour/tasting around Grapevine, which sounds way more fun. I definitely want to do one of these (and drag M along with me) in the next couple weeks when our weekend schedules aren't completely opposite. So, what I plan to wear wine tasting (maybe).

Express dress with similar long gold necklace

Express brown leather belt

American Eagle brown leather sandals  

I plan to go shopping tomorrow and hope that I love this dress as much on as I do in the picture (it looks like it could be really flattering or fit really awkwardly and look frumpy). I'm not sure whether it will look good with a belt or not, so that's a maybe.


In keeping up with my goals for this year, I've gotten back to trying hard to lose weight. It was a slow start since I wrote that post, but happily I've turned the week around. I started back with the weight loss clinic plan for now too, I just wasn't motivated enough to do it on my own. Even if it does cost a lot (and is halfway impossible for me to find time to go when I work every hour they are open), I get results much faster and thus am more willing to drag myself to the gym! Begrudgingly, I will share my stats.

height: 5'7"
starting weight: 195lbs (yikes, I can't even believe that)
Tuesday, February 15: 164lbs (this would be before I started trying again)
Today, February 18: 159lbs
total lost: 36lbs
Yay I'm so excited (and surprised) to be in the 150s!

mini-goal for next week: -3 lbs/down to156lbs
My original overall goal was 145 but I think I'm going to change it to 135/140 now. While obviously my body has changed since 36lbs ago, I really can't imagine being happy with my results in 14 more pounds, and any of those put me in the healthy BMI category.

ps. I did day two of the photo-a-day challenge below.

No comments:

Post a Comment