Tuesday, February 1, 2011

snow day and studying

This is what we woke up to today

Except a little less melted than that. C's mom thankfully stayed home with him today so I didn't have to go to work! Yay for a whole day to spend with M since he's leaving me all weekend to go visit friends at Texas Tech. 
We ventured out into the weather (terrible idea) for some Saltgrass and some ink for the printer. Instead we ended up with two new blurays (Patton and Behind Enemy Lines, M loves war movies and it's beginning to rub off on me lately) and forgot the ink. Excellent. At least we managed to survive and M's car made it home safely.

Of course I forgot my camera until we were pulling out of the apartment complex and there was no way we were turning around. I did brave the cold and the ridiculously slippery (deadly) sidewalks to take this picture with my phone.

Poor mailman's trying to do his job and someone slides down the hill (that no one smart would even attempt to drive up) and crashes into him. (This picture is even more terrible than usual because I had to zoom in)

The rest of my day will be spent with this

and some helpful online flashcards

studying for the HESI exam (entrance exam for applying to some nursing schools) I have to take Saturday morning. Of course I've already taken it and was more that happy with my grade but this school requires me to take it at their campus. How convenient. Also, I get to take the anatomy & physiology portion that my school didn't require and I don't remember most of what I learned 3 years ago in A&P I so I'll be studying like crazy and stressing until then.

And M gets to spend his snow day doing this

Jealous

No comments:

Post a Comment