Wednesday, June 1, 2011

long weekend recap

I had a fantastic long weekend, despite some bad luck.

Thursday night we watched this movie

I thought it was so cute! I remember wanting to see it in theatres but it didn't get great reviews so we decided to wait and then I forgot all about it until I saw it on on demand.  I love some of Jennifer Lopez's other romantic comedies like Maid in Manhattan and The Wedding Planner, and this one didn't disappoint me :) I recommend renting it if you haven't seen it yet!

Friday evening on my way to M's parents' house after work I noticed my car acting funny and it seemed at one point like I wasn't going to be able to make it there without the car dying. I stopped to get gas and then tried again and realized the car wasn't wanting to shift so I had to let off the gas to let it move into the next gear otherwise it would start to stall. The check engine light also came on now too. I was really worried because I figured this meant there was something wrong with the transmission and I know that's basically the most expensive thing to fix! I made it to M's parents' and then forgot about it while we went out to dinner.
When we were ready to leave M reminded me about my car and we decided to drive it AutoZone where they will diagnose why the check engine light is on for free with their computer thing. It turns out it wasn't the transmission but some sensors had gone bad and they were causing that problem. I called M's dad and he said he would come with me to the shop in the morning so we could try to get it fixed.

Way too early Saturday morning I drove back over to M's parents' house so we could take the car to get fixed. They told us it would be $95 just to tell us what was wrong with the car and I was starting to get worried about how I'd pay for all this. In the past few months my car has needed $250 worth of wiring work to make the AC work again, $285 worth of new brakes and rotors, and just last weekend I needed two new tires, which M's parents were so nice to offer to pay for, and that was another $200! And I haven't even begun to address all the extra issues brought to my attention by the mechanics at both the brake and tire place! My car seems to be falling apart and it's only a 2007 :(
Fortunately I am SO blessed to have such amazing people in my life and M's parents told me they'd like to pay to get everything fixed at one time so that I don't have to stress about my car and can just focus on finishing school. I am so touched that they love me so much and think of me as part of their family already and would be willing to do such a thing. I hate that they have to and I wish I had the money on my own, but again I'm so blessed to have them in my life since that isn't the case.

After dropping off my car Saturday I went shopping with M's sister (and got my dress for the wedding in a few weeks!) and then watched the Manchester United vs. FC Barcelona game with M's family, who are huge Barcelona fans (they won!). I think they have gotten me hooked and I'm even more excited now that we are going to see them play Club America at Cowboys Stadium in August! I have to find myself some Barcelona geear to wear to the game.
                                    FC Barcelona Navy Soccer T-Shirt - Other


After M got off of work he came over and we had Jersey Mike's for lunch/dinner (it's pretty good if you haven't tried it yet, but I think I prefer Jimmy John's), and went swimming for a while.

                     

Sunday M had to work and I was car-less so I decided to spend my day reading by the pool. Unfortunately it wasn't open yet when I walked down there so I came home and cleaned the entire apartment instead!

Then I sat down with some popcorn and decided to rewatch season three of Trueblood before the fourth season starts in a few weeks (we LOVE Trueblood, it's pretty much my favorite show!).

After M got home from work we went and got lunch, yummm :)

Then our friend Tim came over and we went and hungout at the pool that was now finally open!

Before we left to go to the pool. I'm trying to get better at taking more pictures!

Afterwards we met up with some other friends to see The Hangover II. It was okay, but of course the first was much better. They actually followed the exact same timeline and structure of the plot, so it was super predictable. Some parts were a little over the top as well. I'd wait until it comes out on DVD to see it. I REALLY want to see Bridesmaids because I saw a Making of... show on HBO about it and it looks hilarious! Hopefully sometime soon!

Monday M and I went shopping and I picked up a few more things to bring on our trip and took advantage of some memorial day sales. I'm going to do a summer fashion fashion Friday so I'll include my purchases then, plus a few things on my wishlist :) Then we had lunch at Olive Garden, one of my favorite restaurants and one of M's least favorites haha. We also stopped by the fish store and got a new fish! He stays on the bottom and cleans the sand. I don't have a picture of him :(

I spent the rest of the evening getting a little further in False Memory, which has thankfully gotten a bit more interesting lately!

I would be excited for this short week but it turns out it won't be so short afterall! On Saturday I have my first day of my summer class, Dosage Calculation, from 8am to 5pm. Afterwards I have to babysit C so that is sure to be a long day! Oh well, hoping to make the best of this week and can't wait for a day off on Sunday :) Plus I have a lot to look forward to (and do!) with a couple of vacations coming up in the next few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment