Monday, June 27, 2011

weekend recap

This weekend was so fun but also really exhausting and I'm wishing I had a few more days off to recover!

On Friday night we headed to Lake Texoma. We planned on waiting until Saturday morning because M and the friend that was riding with use both had to work until 10 pm Friday, but we figured the lesser of two evils was staying up really late Friday versus waking up to leave at 6am on Saturday!

The cabin we stayed in was so adorable! Everything in it was miniature, it was like a little dollhouse.
Our tiny bedroom (with no room to walk).


Upstairs is a sleeping loft. Note how the stairs are twice as tall as normal stairs, which made getting to and from the sleeping loft quite dangerous haha.




I'm used to my DSLR now, I forgot how I ever took clear pictures on a point and shoot.




M's head wasn't far from the ceiling.

Tiny doorways that make me look like a giant.


I forgot to take a picture of the front, but here is one from Google. We were on the far right. Aren't they adorable?

Saturday we headed over to our friend's lake house to eat breakfast and load up the boats, then headed to the lake!
Putting the three boats in.


The one we rode on (M matches the boat with his bright yellow swim suit haha).


I couldn't get a good enough picture without getting in the water with my camera, but there were like 20 yachts all tied together. It was just like the country sond "Redneck Yacht Club" haha. The tiny (in comparison) speed boat in the front is another from our group.

We parked right off the island and just hung out in the water all day!

Saturday night we had planned to go to a bar called the The Island that sits right on top of the water, but everyone was so tired we just went to bed at like 9:30 instead!
We'll have to come earlier in the day on Friday next year so we'll have time to do it the night before.

Sunday we headed home pretty early in the morning because I wanted to be able to relax a bit before I had to work.
Sadly, C's grandma passed away a week ago and they were having a memorial get together type thing last night at her home, so I went along to help watch C. He was quite the party animal and kept me busy chasing him through the crowd all evening!

Afterwards, I headed home to watch the season premiere of Trueblood with M! They threw in a huge twist this season that I wasn't sure I would like, but it ending up being so good!


I'm so sleepy and sunburnt today, I'm ready for it to be the weekend again already!

No comments:

Post a Comment