Thursday, June 9, 2011

randoms

Last night M and I went shopping for a suit for him to wear to the wedding next week (and another we are going to in July). M hates shopping and called to try and talk me out of it multiple times while I was at work yesterday haha. Luckily after almost giving up, we managed to find him one that we both agreed wasn't too huge and boxy (like they all seemed to be)!

I forgot to take a picture of him, but here is the same one from the website (except this one is navy, his is black). Still need to get him a shirt, and I told him I get to pick out the tie :)


We booked our rental car for the Florida trip on Monday so all the important things are finished! I am getting SO excited to see all my family and get away with M for a long weekend!


I do still have a few more smaller things to take care of before the trip. I went through all of my clothes last week and set aside everything that no longer fits (which is just about everything!) so I can take them to Plato's Closet. I have at least two black garbage bags full! It is so crazy to see the size I was wearing last summer compared to this summer, I have gone from a size 14 to a size 6! (At American Eagle/Abercrombie/other juniors stores I wear a 6. At Gap/Loft/other more adult stores I am somehow wearing either a 0 or a 2, which is insane because I am not THAT small. Vanity sizing?). It's so weird because I didn't feel THAT heavy last summer and I still don't feel like I'm anywhere near as small as when I was a 6 in high school. But anyways, I need to wash and fold all those clothes and take them to Plato's Closet, hopefully for a little extra spending money for the trip. Orlando has an H&M (we don't here in Dallas) and so I'm thinking we need to make sure to get over there so I can pick up some cute and cheap clothes that everyone lucky enough to have an H&M in their city seems to find!


Unfortunately I realized a couple weeks ago my swim suit was too big as well. I usually purchase them online from Victoria's Secret but I waited around too long wavering between a few different ones and then didn't have enough time to make sure it was shipped before our trip (without paying a small fortune that is). Yesterday after work I headed to TJ Maxx to look for some shirts for M and found a swim suit for myself as well! If you are willing to dig, and not get too disappointed that they only have one of everything and probably not in the size you need, they have really expensive brand bathing suits for cheap!

The top has thin white stripes that seem to have disappeared in this wonderful quality iphone picture.  It from last season's line by Vix and was originally $140 but I got it for $40!

I also found M a couple of shirts for half off :)
Sorry these pictures look so wrinkly, apparently the bed doesn't make a very good backdrop haha


Tuesday I took C outside for literally 15 minutes to play with his water table and when we came back in this is what my legs look like (try to ignore how unflattering this picture is)
Haha I tan really easily! Since then I've been bringing a strapless shirt with me to wear outside so I don't have a farmer's tan haha.


Today I got off work early since C's mom has been out of town all week and I've had to be there an hour early everyday. I came home and showered then M and I went to lunch. He had to head to work after so I went to Brookhaven and got my student ID made!

I am really so excited for school to start :) 


Speaking of school, I talked to C's mom about my schedule and we are going to try to make it work with me staying with them through the fall (and perhaps longer, we have to see). I am going to take a drastic pay cut, but honestly it doesn't seem like I would make much more by quitting and getting a retail or restaurant job where I would be able to work weekends because I would be making much less hourly. I am praying I get a Wednesday clinical because C will have mother's day out on Wednesdays starting this fall. I would then be working Monday, Tuesday, and half a day Thursday. That would mean I'll be making half as much as I am now! If I don't get lucky enough to get in the Wednesday clinical, I'll only be able to work Tuesday and half days on Wednesday (I'd pick him up from MDO) and Thursday, and that case would be even less money. Yikes, I'm nervous about how I'm going to make it work, but I know it'll work out okay and all be worth it in a year and a half!

I'm off to spend the rest of my day laying around and catching up on dvr-ed shows :)

No comments:

Post a Comment