Monday, January 9, 2012

weekend recap

This weekend wasn't all that exciting!
Friday I shopped for scrubs and did some organizing around the house. Our laundry/utility room shelves before and after:



Phew it feels so much better being organized! We moved in the middle of the semester so I was worrying about school more than doing a good job unpacking. Next organization project... Under the bathroom sink.
M and I had Chipotle for dinner when he got off work and spent the night watching Trauma: Life in the ER (my all time favorite show!)

Saturday we had BBQ for lunch at Hard Eight and then I went looking for curtains for our living room. I bought some a few weeks back but I didn't think about the fact that with 9' ceilings, 84" curtains don't even come close to the floor. No luck (looks like I'll have to order some online), but I did see these "wine" colored curtains and get some inspiration for our bedroom!

After shopping I had to babysit a little boy from the daycare I used to work at for the evening.

Sunday, after getting the ok from M to go with purple, I went and bought new curtains and hardware for our bedroom. Then I got home and realized the rods I'd gotten were not going to work with the look I wanted. Finally (after about 18 holes in the wall and two trips to the store!) the curtains are up! I love them, I feel like they draw your eye up and show off our tall ceilings. Here's a sneak peek: (they look way dark in this picture due to less than ideal lighting)


Our room still needs a few things to be finished, and I have a little pinterest project in the making! I'll probably do a whole post on my plans for the bedroom :)

Today I'm back to waiting for an important phone call! I'm praying it will be good news and I will be able to stop stressing (and share my big news!).

I also can't wait until naptime to watch last night's Once Upon a Time! Love that show!

Have a good week :)

ps. Sorry the pictures are small/blurry, blogged from my phone!

No comments:

Post a Comment