Thursday, March 10, 2011

ikea finds

Like I said in the last post, I've been mentally decorating M and I's future apartment for the past few weeks now. I am obsessed with decorating, and even though we aren't even sure when we are going to try and move or if it will even be feasible, I'm on top of the decorating and furniture shopping!

Nothing would make me happier than to have my home look exactly like a Pottery Barn cataloge, but unfortunately that's not in the budget just yet (one day!). So, I've found myself branching out from things I normally like and going with a different style, that is plausible with more affordable furniture, instead of trying to replicate Pottery Barn at a lower price. It also has started to make sense that we should lean towards a more modern/loft style now, since we have the rest of our live for more traditional decor.With that said, I'm finally getting into Ikea, which before was way too modern for my taste. This couch/love seat combo stole my heart on the website
                
The more brown color on the top was my original choice, but then after seeing it in person and realizing it looks like brown corduroy pants, we decided the grey on the bottom was a better option (and also that we'd probably end up going with the sofa with a chaise and not the love seat). Then I sadly realized these are in stock no where and you can't order them online and thus I'll probably never have them. :(
But then today I was perusing Young House Love and saw their Karlstad Ikea sofa and fell in love yet again (not so hard this time, but still loving it).



Seeing them close to each other, I definitely like the Kivik better. The Karl is a little out of my comfort zone as far as the modern look goes (as in way too modern), and I love how comfy the big armrests and low to the ground-ness makes the Kivik look (basically the only differences between the two). But I do love the Karl and who wouldn't love getting that huge sectional for substantially less than one smaller sofa/chaise combo. Like, depending on the fabric, about $300 less. You can't argue that the Karl is a better choice when you're talking way more seating, way less money. I was kinda warming up to the neutral grey of the Kivik, but seeing the different grey that the Karl comes in (looks a bit like office waiting room grey), I'd probably want to go with the beige on the left.

For the dining room I love the look of this table with less chairs and this bench instead on one side (in dark brown, looks kinda black in the pictures). Probably wouldn't end up purchasing this from here, I've seen the same style for much less other places.

Love this mirror for hanging horizontally on the wall or leaning vertically against the wall. It's over 6ft tall for only $99.

Love these huge frames I saw, again, on Young House Love from Ikea to go above the new sofa.



Also loving this $4 treasure.
Which could easily become one of these over our dining room with a lampshade and some tedious wire hiding.



Only $99 for this (almost) 7'x10' area rug for the living room
And lastly, I think these cabinets are so pretty (and the bookshelf version as well).
And with the TV stand and shelf added (and in the darker color), this looks so so good! (Though I don't plan on having this much to spend at Ikea anytime soon!)


Looking back, the couch is really the only modern looking thind I picked, so I think it will balance out nicely! Better start saving...

No comments:

Post a Comment