Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Last week I didn't post my weight loss update but I stayed the same at 153lb (or maybe that was gaining 1lb?). I certainly need to kick it into gear and start trying harder! I haven't worked out in far too long and hardly follow my diet at all so I am at least happy to be staying the same, but I was hoping to be at my original goal of 145lb by this Friday and sadly that isn't going to happen! I am happy that my waist seems to continue to get slimmer despite my weight staying the same, but I'm hoping to start trying a lot harder starting now.

The past couple of Saturdays I have spent the morning checking out different thrift shops in the area and I have so many different projects I need to get started on (including the picture frames). Hoping to post a few before and afters on here soon! I'm pretty proud of myself for some of my finds, especially because I'm usually not much of a DIY-er.

I heard back from my first choice nursing program, Brookhaven, last Friday and everything is in order with my application and I have the number of points I was expecting. Now just to wait for the decision, which should come on or before April 21st! I am so anxious to find out, I just want to fast forward through the next three weeks.
I also got some good news today about another nursing program (also part of Dallas County community colleges) that is accepting their first class in August. Since they are still waiting for acceptance by the Texas Board of Nursing, their application deadline is much later than most programs so I will still have plenty of time to get everything in if I find out I didn't get accepted to Brookhaven. Though I would much rather go to Brookhaven because it is an accelerated program and I will be done much sooner, another program that is close by and still accepting fall applications is such a blessing and makes me feel much less stressed!

Sorry for the boring, picture-less post from my iPhone, some better ones to come this week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment